The Territory

Noa Blake is just another normal 15 year old with exams looming. Except in The Territory normal isn’t normal. The richest children have a node on the back of their necks and can download information, bypassing the need to study. In a flooded world of dwindling resources, Noa and the other ‘Norms’ have their work cut out even to compete. And competing is everything – because anybody who fails the exams will be shipped off to the Wetlands, which means a life of misery, if not certain death. But how to focus when your heart is being torn in two directions at once?

Please write your review in the comment box below.  DO NOT write your last name.  All comments are moderated and so will not appear immediately.

4 thoughts on “The Territory

1. The territory is a great book, funny however it posses a gripping storyline at the end. You just want to read the next after you read the massive cliff-hanger at the end.
    I recommend this book to anyone as it truly is fantastic!

2. Sebastian
    Eltham College
    I think this book is amazing set in the future, 2059, Noa Blake and her friends have to sit the TAA this year to decide if the go to the wetland (certain death) or if they pass stay in the territory. The go against the freakoids who have a plugin so that they can easily upload information. Jack one of Noa’s best friends could get a SAM (basically a free pass) for art, which he is amazing at. Read the book to find out more! Cant wait until I read book 2!

3. I really enjoyed this book too. I raises lots of issues of freedom of speech and ideas. The society and how they are impacting on the environment as well as having an unfair advantage when it comes to taking exams.

Book 2 The Escape is also brilliant ….

4. I really enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting. Set in a dystopian future, the book tells the story of Noa and her classmates who are working toward a school test which will determine their fate. Set in a world where resources are scarce or non-existent it looks like the “Childes” or “Freakoids” will always have the upper hand but Noa and the other “Norms” don’t give up easily. Raising issues such as environmental change, the education system and the power of technology, the book builds to a gripping ending. I’m already looking forward to book 2 !