The Territory

Noa Blake is just another normal 15 year old with exams looming. Except in The Territory normal isn’t normal. The richest children have a node on the back of their necks and can download information, bypassing the need to study. In a flooded world of dwindling resources, Noa and the other ‘Norms’ have their work cut out even to compete. And competing is everything – because anybody who fails the exams will be shipped off to the Wetlands, which means a life of misery, if not certain death. But how to focus when your heart is being torn in two directions at once?

Please write your review in the comment box below.  DO NOT write your last name.  All comments are moderated and so will not appear immediately.

2 thoughts on “The Territory

1. I really enjoyed this book too. I raises lots of issues of freedom of speech and ideas. The society and how they are impacting on the environment as well as having an unfair advantage when it comes to taking exams.

Book 2 The Escape is also brilliant ….

2. I really enjoyed this book and read it in one sitting. Set in a dystopian future, the book tells the story of Noa and her classmates who are working toward a school test which will determine their fate. Set in a world where resources are scarce or non-existent it looks like the “Childes” or “Freakoids” will always have the upper hand but Noa and the other “Norms” don’t give up easily. Raising issues such as environmental change, the education system and the power of technology, the book builds to a gripping ending. I’m already looking forward to book 2 !