Mike by Andrew Norriss

Everyone needs to get to know Mike. Floyd is on his way to becoming a tennis champion when one day, during a match, a stranger stops him from playing. A stranger who feels very familiar – Mike. Mike is going to change Floyd’s life forever. Because finding your own dream is never easy, and, sometimes, you need someone to show you the way. Read Mike and feel better – about almost everything.

Write your reviews in the Comments below. (You need to be logged in).

8 thoughts on “Mike by Andrew Norriss

1. Mike is a very inspirational book… It makes you think about what you really enjoy and not what other people want you to do. I would rate this book a 5/5! I love this book!

2. Mike is one of the best book that I’ve ever read. whether it’s the page turning effect Norris has or the creative and imaginative plot he includes in this novel, it was a truly amazing read. The Plot is about a young boy who is a talented tennis player. His passion for tennis is fueled by his father who has great aspirations for his son to succeed where he failed. The story is about doing what makes you happy and not being pressured to follow a career his parents wanted for him.

3. Tea – 8P
    I don’t want to give it away as I loved this book and couldn’t put it down but its really powerful and mostly quite sad. Floyd had to give up what he thought he truly loved in order find his true passion . The message of writing your own story is so powerful and just kept me hooked continuously . I would recommend to anyone willing to read this book.

4. The pen that writes your life story must be held in your own hand.
    Mike is an absolutely thrilling book that I couldn’t put down. It is about finding your own dream and not letting someone else write it for you.
    Floyd is an exeptionally amazing tennis player who, when meets a young man (Mike) discovers the truth hidden deep inside his heart: Is tennis really what he wants to spend his life doing?
    There is one problem: nobody else can see Mike and, where will Floyd find the courage to deny his truth.

5. Dulcie – 8Q
    Mike is a lesson to anyone ,who reads it. I read Mike in just over 4 hours on a long car drive home. I loved Mike and couldn’t put the book down. It is all about a talented tennis player who realises thanks to Mike that this sport is not his true passion and later he finds a better talent. Mike is invisible to some but forces Floyd to give up tennis no matter how good he is, Floyd ignores him too many times because he didn’t want to let his parents down, especially his father. Mike and Floyd go through many adventures together, tennis, fish and many more. I definitely think that anyone will enjoy this.

6. Emily-8P
    I found this book moving as it starts with Mike and his life ahead of him and then these dreams of his parents disappear. A figure appears that is a part of Mike’s brain that is upset about what he is doing. This affects his playing and eventually he stops what he used to love 💔 This book has a tale to tell that you should never be forced to do something that you don’t like to do. This has hit a soft spot in my heart as I feel like he was sad at what he was doing. Mike then finds what he truly wanted.

7. ‘Mike’, written by Andrew Norris, is a fun, exciting book. Floyd is a tennis sensation. At only fifteen, he is set to become the youngest ever champion of the national under 18s at Roehampton. His career is written in the stars. This is until Mike shows up, at first Floyd thought he was a weird kid following him around, and why else would he be at his tennis practise so early in the morning? But when this odd person showed up on the court in the middle of a match and nobody acted any different, just calm, he was confused. This is when he realised that only he was the only one able to see this strange person. Floyd was surprised at this and was sent to a physiologist, where they unpicked this mystery together.
    All the characters in this book are well crafted, with my favourite being Floyd. He goes through a rollercoaster of good and bad times but he keeps on persevering till the end. This strong character is also determined and will do as much as he can to get to his goal. With his love of tennis, can he win it all? but does he really love tennis?
    I loved this book. It is well structured and effortless to constantly turn the pages and read on. This is one of those books that time passes by quickly until I turned the last page, my heart dropped. I wanted this book to go on forever. I cannot complain though, it is an amazing book, with a lot to tell.
    I would highly recommend this book to confident readers that are over the age of nine or ten. This is a brilliant book and I hope you enjoy discovering the secrets of Mike.

8. This story is one of the best books that I have ever read, with an amazing storyline that follows the life of a boy called Floyd who plays tennis but has a man following him around. It turns out that the man is actually a vision of Floyd himself who tells him to quit the thing he loves most tennis… or doesn’t love most. This is definitely a 5 star book.